I am a Postdoc in the Amaral-lab at Northwestern University in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering.
I am a physicist by education and interested in the study of complex systems.
My aim is to gain a deeper understanding of the dynamical menachisms underlying different complex systems by combining:
- different analytical and numerical approaches from statistical physics, complex networks, and information theory in the form of simple mathematical models
- with statistical analysis of empirical data (e.g. human activity on the internet)
Different things I am (have been) working on (for more info see the research section):
- Statistical (universal) laws in linguistics
- Language change and spreading of linguistic innovations
- Topic models and community detection in complex networks
- Evolution of scientific fields (Science of Science)
- Scaling laws of urban indicators (Science of Cities)